A delicious multi-cooker beef recipe, loaded with veggies and packed with chili flavors. This hearty chili will fill that belly right up, because it’s loaded with veggies and protein!
Also, skip the beans in this chili and it’s keto, low-carb, Paleo and Whole30 friendly!
We hope you enjoy this scrumptious multi-cooker recipe for butternut squash chili.Print
Multi-Cooker Butternut Squash Chili – prepared in the slow cooker or stovetop mode.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. baby carrots, halved
- 2 – 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can black beans (red or pinto beans would be great too!)
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Side: toast and/or salad
- In the multi-cooker insert, brown the ground beef with the chopped onion on Stovetop Low or Saute at 350 F. In If necessary, drain and return ground beef to insert.
- Add the squash, baby carrots, diced tomatoes with juices, black beans with juices and about 4 cups of water. (Add more or less depending on how soup-y you want it!) Stir in the chili powder and garlic powder.
- Increase temp to 400F or Stovetop High and bring to a bubbling boil, then reduce heat back to Low/350 F and simmer for 20-30 more minutes, or until the squash cubes are soft. (Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of the squash cubes.)
- Season with salt and pepper. And some crushed pepper, if you want some extra heat!
- Prepare toast and/or salad.
- Serve Butternut Squash Chili with side of bread and/or salad.