A homemade multi-cooker chicken recipe with all the comforting flavors and warmth from chicken noodle soup.
The ingredients in this recipe are simple and delicious and a bowl of this magical soup will warm your heart. And if you’re having some while you don’t feel well, it will warm your tummy and soothe your aches. (Not medically, just emotionally!)
The best part about this multi-cooker chicken recipe is that it’s homemade, so you know exactly what ingredients are in your bowl…making it taste the freshest it can!
And bonus points for being able to go from freezer to thawed to multi-cooker with ease. You can add all the ingredients EXCEPT the pasta into a freezer meal plan. Then add to the multi-cooker and slow cook or stovetop cook the soup and add in the pasta until it’s cooked to al dente.
We hope you enjoy this scrumptious homemade multi-cooker recipe for chicken noodle soup.
Multi-Cooker Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – prepared in slow cooker or stovetop mode.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrot sticks, peeled and cut into circles
- 2 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 to 1 lb. chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz. small shell pasta noodles
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, optional garnish
- To the multi-cooker insert, turn on Saute mode to 350 F or Stovetop Low. Add the olive oil and saute the carrots, celery and onions until the onions begin to sweat. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to bubbling. Cook the chicken thighs in the stock, with lid covering the pot. Once completely cooked, remove the chicken thighs and shred with 2 forks. Return the shredded chicken to the pot with the veggies.
- Return to simmering/slow boil and add the pasta noodles. Add in the garlic powder, dried thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Increase temperature to 400 F or Stovetop High. Cook at a rolling boil for 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Remove the insert immediately from the base (to keep the pasta from overcooking) and ladle soup into serving bowls.
- Serve Homemade Multi-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup with parsley garnish.