A delicious multi-cooker creamy taco soup recipe packed with amazing taco and TexMex flavors.
This is a simple, fast twist on “taco soup.” Just swirl in some sour cream just before serving and you have yourself a perfectly balanced bowl of creamy, spicy soup.
And bonus points for being able to go from freezer to thawed to multi-cooker with ease. Add the ingredients and cook as directed, then swirl in the sour cream at the end of the cooking cycle. The “Freezer to Multi-Cooker” with this meal is best with the slow cooker mode, especially if it’s partially thawed. If it’s thawed completely, then Stovetop mode works too.
We hope you enjoy this scrumptious multi-cooker ground beef recipe.Print
Multi-Cooker Slow Cooker Creamy Taco Soup – prepared on slow cooker and stovetop modes.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 15 oz. can corn, drained
- 2 – 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 packets taco seasoning or 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- Garnish: crushed tortilla chips
- Garnish: shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Side: veggies
- In the multi-cooker insert on Stovetop Low or Saute at 350 F, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain, if needed, and return to the insert.
- Add in the chopped bell pepper, drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, and beef broth with the browned ground beef. Stir in the taco seasoning.
- SLOW COOK: Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Do NOT add sour cream at the start of the cooking cycle.
- STOVETOP: Adjust to Stovetop High or Saute at 400 F, and bring to bubbling. Let bubble for 10 to 15 minutes, to allow flavors to mingle and marry.
- Just before serving, swirl in the sour cream into the soup.
- Prepare veggies.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
- Serve Multi-Cooker Creamy Taco Soup with veggies.