A delicious multi-cooker Gnocchi Minestrone Soup recipe with loads of vegetables, beans and the adorably puffy and delicious gnocchi.
If you’ve never cooked with gnocchi, they are potato based “puffs” that cook similarly to pasta (faster, actually). They can be gluten-free, depending on the brand, and make for a great GF sub for pasta (if you can find them.)
The ingredients in this recipe are simple and fresh, and this soup will not disappoint.
If you can’t find gnocchi or GF gnocchi at your store, then sub out for a small or medium shell pasta noodle.
We hope you enjoy this scrumptious multi-cooker recipe.
Multi-Cooker Gnocchi Minestrone Soup – prepared on stovetop mode.
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrot sticks, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 4 to 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock (use vegetable for vegetarian!)
- 12 oz. gnocchi
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, optional garnish
- Side: fresh veggies
- In the multi-cooker insert, melt the butter on Stovetop Low or Saute at 350 F. Then, saute the chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped carrots and crushed garlic cloves for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the diced tomatoes, drained red kidney beans, and Italian seasoning and bring to bubbling.
- Switch to Stovetop High or Saute at 400 F and then pour in the chicken or vegetable stock and bring back to boiling over medium high heat. Let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the gnocchi in a strainer or colander. Once the veggies are cooked, add the gnocchi to the soup and it will float up when it’s cooked. It usually takes just a minute or two for the gnocchi to cook and float up.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve Multi-Cooker Gnocchi Minestrone Soup with Parmesan cheese garnish and a side of fresh veggies.